Importation to France without a Certificate of Conformity

Hi ... I'm wondering if there is anyone out there who knows how to date military vehicles? I have A Bedford MJ and I love him! I have the chassis number and the old registration number, prior to its conversion, but, in order to import him to France, I need his date of birth!

Thanks heaps, here's hoping!

Edited by Alicenunn

You could try Wally Duggan on here he's a cracking bloke and seems to know the answer to pretty much anything you ask him regards military facts and figures :D If he can't help I'm sure he will point you in the right direction :)

FIRST SUE welcome the question of dating your Bedford you have two choices one do as RICHARD has said or you could

contact the RLC museum DEEPCUT AS you l suspect you will need a official document to confirm its date of manufacture l would go with RICHARD by contacting VAUXHALL at LUTON as who better than who made it also they should be able

to give you some type of certificate of conformity l wish you well

REGARDS WALLY

Hi ... me again! Thanks for all the responses. Followed advice but sadly to a dead end. I have contacted Vauxhall's man who works with Certs of Conformity but all he says is he knows nothing of Bedford other than it went bust! He is will, for £40, to write me a letter saying that Vauxhall sold Bedford but thats the best he can do. Another dead end has been reached. I just need an official document from SOMEWHERE saying he is what he is ... how flippin difficult can this be?????

BOB was around Brighton for a while, well spotted, not that you can miss him!

Thanks girlfriend, its good to be here!

The RLC museum is a good idea but they can take a while to find things (it's very cool when they do though :) ). I think it's a volunteer effort and there's no guarantee that they will have the information

You could think about getting the MVT involved. They're authorised by the DVLA to age vehicles. You could ask the MVT and DVLA to register it over here, and then you'd have official (dated) paperwork.

I think you'll still need a specific export license though (I don't think permanent export is allowed under the OGEL, even if you get the DVLA registration so that it's covered).

More info here - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/open-general-export-licence-historic-military-vehicles-and-artillery-pieces--3

if you go to the chassis under the water filler opening there is a plate there which will have a lot of info even the contract no and army reg on it then deepcut is brilliant as they will do a printout of all details of the trucks history and if you have its service no it can also give a date into service

if you go to the chassis under the water filler opening there is a plate there which will have a lot of info even the contract no and army reg on it then deepcut is brilliant as they will do a printout of all details of the trucks history and if you have its service no it can also give a date into service

The MVT can provide a dating letter

Visit MVT.org.uk and follow the verification tab

• 3 weeks later...